2014 GSG Award Recipients
G.K. Gilbert Award for Excellence in Geomorphological Research:
Melvin G. Marcus Distinguished Career Award:
- Bruce Rhoads. (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign). Citation by Gary Parker.
Reds Wolman Student Research Awards:
- Ph.D.: Katherine B. Lininger. (Colorado State University). "Floodplain - Instream Wood Interactions in the Central Yukon River Basin".
- Masters: Allison Tarbox. (University of Alabama). "Better Understanding Spatial Heterogeneity of Bedrock Channel Form in Mid-sized Rivers".
Graduate Student Paper Awards:
- Ph.D.: Kory Konsoer. (University of Illinois). "Influence of Bedrock Control, Bank Materials, Riparian Vegetation, and Planform Geometry on the Morphodynamics of a Large Meandering River".
- Masters: Ryan Vaughn. (University of Alabama). "Hydro-Geomorphological Influences on Plant Patch Density and Distribution in Bedrock-Shoal Habitats of the Cahaba River, AL".