2009 GSG Award Recipients
G.K. Gilbert Award for Excellence in Geomorphological Research:
Melvin G. Marcus Distinguished Career Award:
- Karl W. Butzer. (University of Texas). Citation by Timothy Beach.
Reds Wolman Student Research Awards:
- Ph.D.: G. Burch Fisher, (University of California at Santa Barbara) Constraining the Timescales of Sediment Sequestration Associated with Large Woody Debris using Cosmogenic Beryllium-7. Advisor: Francis J. Magilligan.
- Masters: No award granted.
Graduate Student Paper Awards:
- Ph.D.: Ryan Perroy, (University of California at Santa Barbara) Quantifying geomorphic processes in a disturbed landscape, southwestern Santa Cruz Island, CA. Advisor: Oliver Chadwick.
- Photo (With Burch Fisher)
- Masters: Ben Meade, (Kansas State University) Spatial Extent, Timing, and Causes of Channel Incision, Black Vermillion Watershed, Northeastern Kansas. Advisor: Richard Marston.