2007 GSG Award Recipients
G.K. Gilbert Award for Excellence in Geomorphological Research:
Melvin G. Marcus Distinguished Career Award:
- John D. (Jack) Vitek. (Texas A&M University). Citation by W. Andrew Marcus and Richard A. Marston.
- Photo 1
- Photo 2 (with Basil Gomez)
Reds Wolman Student Research Awards:
- Ph.D.: James D. Riley ($600), (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign) Flow dynamics and channel morphology at natural confluent-meander bends. Advisor: Bruce L. Rhoads.
- Masters: Gwenda J. Schlomer ($400), (Missouri State University) Geomorphic response of a North Carolina Piedmont watershed to Early American settlement as recorded in overbank floodplain deposits. Advisor: Robert Pavlowsky.
- Photo (right with Mark Lange and Brooke Saari)
Graduate Student Paper Awards:
- Ph.D.: Mark Lange ($250), (University of Southern California) Patterns of flow at a tidal river divergence, Sacramento River, California. Advisor: Bernard Bauer.
- Photo (left with Brooke Saari and Gwenda J. Schlomer)
- Masters: Brooke R. Saari ($250), (University of West Florida) Post-hurricane interactions between vegetation dynamics, dune recovery, and physical gradients on barrier islands. Advisor: Chris Houser.
- Photo (center with Mark Lange and Brooke Saari)