2006 GSG Award Recipients
G.K. Gilbert Award for Excellence in Geomorphological Research:
Melvin G. Marcus Distinguished Career Award:
- Stanley W. Trimble. (University of California - Los Angeles). Citation by Andy Ward, read by Bruce Rhoads.
- Photo 1
- Photo 2 (with Bill Renwick)
Reds Wolman Student Research Awards:
- Ph.D.: İnci Güneralp ($400), (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign) Curvature - Migration Relations and the Planform Dynamics of Meandering Rivers Advisor: Bruce L. Rhoads.
- Photo (with Jonathan Dinkin and Jenny Horwath)
- Masters: Kimberly Meitzen ($400), (University of South Carolina) Development, Disturbance, and Maintenance: Process Pattern Relationships in Riparian Environments, Congaree River, Congaree National Park, South Carolina Advisor: William L. Graf.
- Photo (with Will Graf)
Graduate Student Paper Awards:
- Ph.D.: Jennifer Horwath ($200), (University of Washington) Associations of Soil Organic Carbon with Non-sorted Striped Patterned Ground in Northwest Greenland. Advisor: Ronald S. Sletten.
- Photo (with İnci Güneralp and Jonathan Dinkin)
- Masters: Jonathan Dinkin ($200), (Towson University) The Effects of Imperviousness on the Channel Morphology of Perennial Streams in the Piedmont Region of Central Maryland. Advisor: Martin Roberge.
- Photo (with İnci Güneralp and Jenny Horwath)