2005 GSG Award Recipients
G.K. Gilbert Award for Excellence in Geomorphological Research:
- Mark Fonstad and Andrew Marcus for "Self-Organized Criticality in Riverbank Systems." Annals of the Association of American Geographers 93(2): 281-296. Citation by Dick Marston.
- Photo: (Left to right) Vicki Lawson with Maya Hirsch, Andrew Marcus, Mark Fonstad, and Alec Murphy (in back).
Melvin G. Marcus Distinguished Career Award:
- Donald Johnson. (University of Illinois at Urbana - Champaign). Citation by Randy Schaetzl and Jennifer Horwath.
- Photo: AAG President Vicki Lawson congratulates Donald Johnson.
Reds Wolman Student Research Awards:
- Ph.D.: Mark Lange ($400), (University of Southern California) Spatial-temporal Patterns of Suspended Sediment Transport at a Tidal River Bifurcation Advisor: Bernard O. Bauer.
- Masters: Rebecca Manners ($200), (University of North Carolina) Determining the Function of the Not-So-Large Woody Debris: An Hydraulic Evaluation of the Maintenance of Large Woody Debris (LWD) Jams Advisor: Martin Doyle.
Graduate Student Paper Awards:
- Ph.D.: Jordan Clayton ($200), (University of Colorado) The Influence of Surface Sorting on Particle Mobility in Gravel-Bed River Meanders. Advisor: John Pitlick.
- Masters: Maya Hirsch ($100), (Missouri State University) Sources and Transport of Sediment-Bound Phosphorous in Agricultural Streams, Des Moines Lobe, Iowa. Advisor: Robert Pavlowsky.